California Department of Education
Child Nutrition Information and
Payment System (CNIPS)
School Nutrition Program (SNP)
- Annual Audit Status Certification (AASC) Form
Public School Districts, Government Entities (County Offices of Education, County Probation Offices, etc), and Charter Schools do NOT have to complete the Annual Audit Status Certification (AASC) form, this is only a requirement for all private sponsors, including Indian Tribal Councils, private schools, and Private Residential Child Care Institutions (group homes).
- All Programs
The point-of-contacts for SNP, CACFP, and SFSP claims have been revised. The current contact list can be located on the CDE’s website by selecting the Analyst Directory tab at http://www.cde.ca.gov/fg/aa/nt/.
- The Child Nutrition Fiscal Services is performing Post Close Out reconciliation. Please be advised that CNIPS 2011/12, 2012/2013 and 2013/2014 Claims modules will remain locked until further notice.
If you have any questions, please contact your assigned Nutrition Fiscal Analyst by accessing a list of county assignments at http://www.cde.ca.gov/fg/aa/nt/.
Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
- The deadline to complete the CACFP Mandatory Training Course is Friday, June 12, 2015. If you have not already completed the course, please go to the Fresno City College Cal-Pro-NET Center Web page at http://www.fresnocitycollege.edu/calpronet, and select Mandatory Training on the left menu bar. Follow the instructions provided.
- Attention: All Child and Adult Care Food Program Sponsors
The 2014-15 fiscal year (FY) is now your default. If any changes need to be made in your current 2013-14 FY application packet or claim submissions, you must first change the FY by selecting Year on your tool bar and then select the 2013-14 FY.
Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)
- 2014–15 Annual Update! The SFSP application for year-round sponsors is now available to complete for the new Federal fiscal year beginning October 1. The SFSP application will default to the 2014–15 year. Users attempting to claim for 2013–14 will need to first select the 2013–14 from the Year menu to file claims or revise last year’s application.”
CNIPS Password Requirements
- Your CNIPS password must be between EIGHT (8) and TWELVE (12) characters in length, contain a letter, a number, and a special character (e.g., @,#,$, &,*). We suggest you not use the number "0" or the capital letter "O" in your password to reduce confusion when trying to remember your information. Do not reuse old passwords.