California Department of Education
Child Nutrition Information and
Payment System (CNIPS)
Sponsors can now submit 2013/2014 (July 2013 – June 2014) School Nutrition Program and Child and Adult Care Food Program claims for reimbursement at this time.CDE staff may perform routine CNIPS maintenance each Friday from approximately 2:00-4:00 p.m. During these times, users may not have access to the CNIPS.
If you have any questions, please contact your assigned Nutrition Fiscal Analyst by accessing a list of county assignments at http://www.cde.ca.gov/fg/aa/nt/.
Claims for July 2015 – June 2016 have been unlocked for the School Nutrition Programs and the Child and Adult Care Food Program. If you have any questions regarding your agency’s claims, you may locate your agency’s assigned nutrition fiscal analyst on the CDE Web site at http://www.cde.ca.gov/fg/aa/nt/.
The 2015-16 fiscal year (FY) is now your default. If any changes need to be made in your current 2014-15 FY application packet or claim submissions, you must first change the FY by selecting Year on your tool bar and then select the 2014-15 FY.
For technical assistance, e-mail CNIPS@cde.ca.gov or call 1-800-952-5609, option 6.
School Nutrition Program (SNP)
Annual Audit Status Certification (AASC) Form
Public School Districts, Government Entities (County Offices of Education, County Probation Offices, etc), and Charter Schools do NOT have to complete the Annual Audit Status Certification (AASC) form, this is only a requirement for all private sponsors, including Indian Tribal Councils, private schools, and Private Residential Child Care Institutions (group homes).
- SNP Administrative Review (AR) Web Page
The CDE Nutrition Services Division conducts an administrative review (AR) of all district/agencies participating in SNP over a three-year cycle. Keep up-to-date on the latest AR requirements, resources, and helpful tips by visiting the new CDE SNP AR Web page at http://www.cde.ca.gov/ls/nu/ar/arsnp.asp.
- All Programs
The point-of-contacts for SNP, CACFP, and SFSP claims have been revised. The current contact list can be located on the CDE’s website by selecting the Analyst Directory tab at http://www.cde.ca.gov/fg/aa/nt/.
Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
- The deadline to complete the CACFP Mandatory Training Course is Friday, June 12, 2015. If you have not already completed the course, please go to the Fresno City College Cal-Pro-NET Center Web page at http://www.fresnocitycollege.edu/calpronet, and select Mandatory Training on the left menu bar. Follow the instructions provided.
- Attention: All Child and Adult Care Food Program Sponsors
The 2014-15 fiscal year (FY) is now your default. If any changes need to be made in your current 2013-14 FY application packet or claim submissions, you must first change the FY by selecting Year on your tool bar and then select the 2013-14 FY.
Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)
- Attention Year-round SFSP sponsors:
The 2015-16 SFSP application is now available to complete for the new federal fiscal year beginning October 1. The SFSP application will default to the 2015-16 year. If any changes need to be made in your current 2014-2015 application or to submit claims, you must first select the 2014-2015 fiscal year on the tool bar.
- Important notice for sponsors participating on the CCNSP: California’s Snack Pilot is not yet officially authorized effective October 1, 2015. We EXPECT, but cannot 100 percent guarantee, that the program will continue. We will inform you of the status of this program as soon as we obtain definitive information from the USDA.
In the meantime, we encourage you to submit your sponsor and site applications as soon as possible if you plan to serve snacks in October. Your SFSP specialists will contact you related to this issue or you can contact the Summer Team at SFSP@cde.ca.gov or by calling our main number at 916-322-8323.
For questions regarding the SFSP, contact our email box at SFSP@cde.ca.gov or by calling our main number at 916-322-8323.
CNIPS Password Requirements
- Your CNIPS password must be between EIGHT (8) and TWELVE (12) characters in length, contain a letter, a number, and a special character (e.g., @,#,$, &,*). We suggest you not use the number "0" or the capital letter "O" in your password to reduce confusion when trying to remember your information. Do not reuse old passwords.